What is it about?
Biologics in RA-Therapy
What is long-term observation?
Conception of RABBIT
Information on sponsorship
Reporting on RABBIT
Additional European Registers
Objectives of RABBIT:
- Description of long-term efficacy of a treatment with biologics, of time spent under therapy, of reasons for a change in therapy as well as description of disease course under therapy and where applicable after end of therapy
- Examination of long-term outcomes of biologic therapy compared to conventional DMARD therapy
- Determination of direct and indirect costs of biologic therapy compared to conventional DMARD therapy
Design of RABBIT:
- prospective observational study with internal control group
- biologic group
- control group (those who change from one DMARD to another)
- observation period: at least 5 years
- measuring instruments: DAS28; ACR Response Criteria; continuity of therapy; record of adverse events; work disability and many more
Biologics: All biologics approved for the treatment of RA in Germany.
- In the first year: for all measurements (altogether) 1 hour per patient maximum
- From the second year on: 30-45 minutes per patient
Basic research - immunocompetent cells
spleen/mouse T-cells (green) B-cells (blue)
section from above x1000 magnification